Answered

adding Alexa launches amazon shopping?

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Every now and then I disable Alexa on our living room Sonos so the kids don't request 'old town road' and shut off Spotify streams to other speakers.

Whilst re-adding Alexa via the Sonos app (Android) I've been getting errors when trying to authenticate with Amazon, I get a popup saying that the Amazon shopping app has stopped? I deleted the Amazon shopping app then tried again, the Sonos app then launched the auth via the browser and worked fine.

Is this a known issue?

icon

Best answer by James L. 13 June 2022, 09:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Badge +17

Hi @dave77,

This is a known issue that we’re currently investigating.

A temporary workaround is to uninstall the Amazon Shopping app, install the Alexa Voice Service to Sonos, then redownload the Amazon Shopping app. You would need to repeat this for each instance of adding Alexa to your system until this issue is resolved.

In order to help track this issue, would you mind letting me know the following info:

• What is the make and model of your Android device?
  • What version of Android is it running?
Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi @James L. , I have a Pixel 6 Pro on Android 12

I had the same issue when setting up, deleting the amazon shopping app to force sonos app to use the browser to connect to alexa worked for me.  Pixel 5 Android 12