Answered

2 Ones as stereo pair Alexa on both or one ?

• 14 December 2017
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
I have 2 Ones in a stereo pair Alexa is working on both but independently sometimes shouting Alexa the left speaker responds other times its the right, it can sometimes be I am standing next to the left speaker but its the right that wakes up or visa versa more often than not neither respond. My question is should I have Alexa working on both my Ones if so are there plans to have them act as one i.e. both Ones listen for the wake word with Alexa replying out of both.

Hope the above makes sense
icon

Best answer by UKMedia 14 December 2017, 13:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Alexa will determine the closest device and stop other Alexa devices from triggering, so your scenario is working as intended and only one Sonos One will respond.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Makes sense, Thanks UKMedia
Badge
So a slightly different situation for me ... I have two Sonos ONE in my kitchen as a Stereo pair - they play music great. However I have noticed that if I ask Alexa a question and she replies with the word "Alexa" - then the other speaker in the pair replies ...so they end up talking to each other. For example, I was trying to get Alexa to shuffle a Sonos playlist at which point 'she' told me to make sure I add the skill (which it was already) and then to "Ask Alexa for find new devices" - well when "she" said those words, the other speaker started to search for new devices, and replied it didn't find any, but again spoke the instructions, which included the word "Alexa" - and so the first one replied -- again .... Is there any way to get one to ignore the other?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Only by turning the mic off on one of the Sonos One's.