Answered

Analog to Bluetooth conversion

• 1 January 2024
  • 2 replies

I have some very nice “traditional” loudspeakers that I don’t want to let go of at this point along with a matching subwoofer. (TV, 4KDVD, Satellite, Receiver, LR + Sub) These are being powered  by a Denon receiver. Owing to roof pitches, stringing conventional speaker cable would be a real bugger for ceiling mount surrounds and I’m wondering if there’s some way to cast a Bluetooth signal from the Denon to some Sonos rear surrounds without stringing the speaker cables (read cutting sheet-rock to do it). Is there some means of putting a Bluetooth converter at the AV Processor that can be used with Sonos speakers for rear surrounds. I’m concerned about “timing” issues... Of course as soon as my Vandersteen’s blow up, we’ll be 100% in the Sonos camp (as we are at our place in Montana!) ;-)

icon

Best answer by Schlumpf 1 January 2024, 01:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

No, unless your listening position is about 75 feet from the TV screen.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@ep101

Used as rear speakers no Sonos product is able to connect via bluetooth. 
Beside this you can‘t mix up Sonos speakers with 3rd party products as rears to set up a surround system.