Vantage Controls drivers for Sonos?

• 15 October 2011
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Hi Everyone,

New to the forum, but not to Sonos. As a Dealer, I'm just beating the bushes to be able to control the Sonos equip. with High end Automation gear like Vantage Controls makes. Anyone written or seen this available?

Thanks in advance for the help!!

Aster

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 2
I would love to know if anyone had done any Vantage integration and what was involved.

Thanks!
Userlevel 2
I still don't have any info on Sonos & a working Vantage Driver. Will post if/when I get one unless someone knows of one. We do a lot of Vantage integration, but I've never taken the time to build a driver if one doesn't exist

Aster
Userlevel 2
Hi, we've integrated Sonos with Vantage InFusion using our gateway; actual release permits to control play/stop/next/prev, volume/tones, playlists launch and join/split zones. As soon as Vantage release the new Driver Interface we update our gateway with library browse functionality. Please feel free to contact me if you have any question.
Userlevel 2
Thanks for the direction. Are you saying you have a Sonos Driver that you built in InFusion or do you have one from others? When I visit with Vantage T/S they don't seem to have any knowledge on getting this interface to function. Guess they want us to buy their music server (which is a GREAT piece IMHO) but is rather pricey!

Thanks

Aster
Userlevel 2
Hi angeloxx,

I saw in some posts you mention you have integrated sonos with vantage systems.

I would like to obtain more information. Could you please post some info here or PM me or something?

I cant send you private messages due to not having enough posts....

if you prefer to e-mail me you can at roy (at) vem (dot) ca

Thanks!
Userlevel 2
I am looking as well for a Vantage driver that would allow me some simple controls over the Sonos system.

I have a Vantage control system with a few Equinox touch screens.
Userlevel 2
quick update... I just found out that the most recent InFusion Driver Designer includes a Sonos Port driver. I will start playing around with this in the next few days
Userlevel 2
Tumbao: Did you get a chance to play with the Sonos Port driver?
quick update... I just found out that the most recent InFusion Driver Designer includes a Sonos Port driver. I will start playing around with this in the next few days

What settings are needed to make this work? Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
KIWI