Answered

Stream to Sonos with Traktor

• 5 January 2018
  • 1 reply

How can I stream live mixes to Sonos service with Traktor? What is the ip address to send my live broadcast to?
icon

Best answer by Keith N 5 January 2018, 20:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Hi there, freakydee. Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting. There is currently no way to add a custom local stream to Sonos. The best way to get Traktor to Sonos would be through the use of a CONNECT to bring all audio from your computer or Traktor to Sonos. For instance, if you were to have any of the Traktor Kontrol Series Controllers (S2, S4, S5, or S8), your Audio Output comes from either the Computer (if used like a USB controller) or out the rear RCA's. Either of these can then be plugged into Sonos via Line-In

However...

Just because we can, doesn't mean we always should. Simply put, you do not want to mix through Sonos. Trust me, I've tried. I once hooked up the Master Outs of my Pioneer DJM-850 to the Line-In on a Sonos CONNECT to then bring my live mixes to the rest of the house instead of just the Living Room. Problem is, mixing records requires you to react in time to the music. Since the signal needs to come from the source (Traktor/Mixer/Computer) and then be broadcast across wireless, received and played back on Sonos, there will be an unavoidable delay across the entire system. The only way to address this would be to hardwire every Sonos device to a switch via Ethernet.

Here is a topic where I break down my home setup. Notice that I have my Connect Line-In set to come from the computer to Sonos. This means that audio coming from my computer will go to the CONNECT and be fed to Sonos wirelessly. DJ sets streamed from Be-At.TV or YouTube can now be played through the whole house. Not as interactive, but having a club show playing through the house on Sonos is pretty neat. 🙂