Answered

Sonos Port Does not support negative audio delay

• 11 March 2021
  • 1 reply

Not sure if this should be a question or conversation, but I have had a huge amount of trouble setting up a Sonos Port with my Pioneer surround system. I have a couple sonos speakers in the kitchen and the sounds system in the living room which I am trying to sync up (they are all part of the same overall space).

Connecting the Port to the digital coax or using any mode on the receiver but pure direct results in a 10-20ms delay in the audio coming out of the receiver. I realize this is because the DSP on the receiver is doing processing such as MCACC to the sound, and this adds a delay.

However, there seems to be no way to adjust this offset in the sonos app. In other systems such as chromecast audio, I am able to add a “negative” delay to the connected device, which essentially adds a small delay to all other speakers. Is there no way to do this within the Sonos ecosystem?

The echo is extremely frustrating, and using pure direct on the receiver disables my subwoofers.

icon

Best answer by Kumar 12 March 2021, 04:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

. Is there no way to do this within the Sonos ecosystem?

The echo is extremely frustrating, and using pure direct on the receiver disables my subwoofers.

As of now, there isn't. 

Wiring the subwoofers to the speaker terminals of the AVR will allow them to work in pure direct mode if they have a high level input terminal. But then you will lose the .1 effects channel with movies.