Answered

Sonos One to stream the sound (video games, video, other) of a PC Windows

• 23 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi, 

I would like to stream all sounds of my PC Windows through Sonos One I have. I saw that it should be possible to connect Connect on my PC and then Grouped with my Sonos One, but there is some delay from the video to the sound of the Sonos One.

I saw on Internet, there is some small soft to simulate airplay on a PC (something like that) and then it says it is possible to use Sonos One for a PC Windows.

Is anyone tried those kind of soft and if yes, witch one could you recommend ?

Thanks

E.

icon

Best answer by controlav 23 August 2022, 15:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Grouping will always add a delay.

Direct audio capture from a PC has no solution that is usable for video playback due to audio delay. Many threads on this, no solutions.

Ideal solution is optical-out from a PC into an HT-capable Sonos device, or HDMI out to a TV with (e)ARC.

Agreed with the above.  Instead of getting a Connect or software to try and use the Sonos One it ways it was not intended for, get a Sonos Ray.  That would be a much more straight forward setup and give you soundbar stereo rather than delayed mono with the One….which could then use in a different location in the house if you wish.