Answered

Sonos Era 300 and song is not encoded correctly errors

• 5 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Just successfully added two ERA 300s to my bedroom which had an ARC associated with a new Samsung TV and new Apple TV. Everything began marvelously.

The rest of my home has wired and wireless Sonos products that are all compatible with Sonos 2.

Then on playback of iTunes or Amazon selections I get skipping and “song is not encoded correctly” errors.

Playback of Tunein radio stations is not interrupted on any of my Sonos devices.

My WiFi coverage is excellent but I did try rebooting the router and the Boost. Still getting the same error messages.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 5 April 2023, 03:11

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Before going too much further, it might be useful to try a reboot of the Arc, and the Era 300s.

However, if that doesn’t work, I’d suggest being more specific about which tracks from where that are giving you this error, so that someone else can try to reproduce the issue. I’d also recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.