Answered

Sonos as PC Speakers - optimum setup

• 16 September 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Currently I have a pair of Sonos P1 and additional PC speakers connected via 3.5mm to a PC in Office.

I have been thinking of ways I can replace these with maybe a Beam or new Beam and combine them in some way. I can then re use the P1’s in another room.

My PC monitors/screens are connected via Display Port, and looking in manual they have a Display Port out, for connecting additional monitors/screens. I don’t use this port currently.

My thoughts are I could use a passive Display Port to HDMI cable and connect the Display Port out to HDMI to a Sonos Beam.

Has anyone done anything similar and had a working system with no sound delay due to processing etc?

Is there a better to use Sonos Beam for PC speakers, key is no delay in sound.

icon

Best answer by Xander P 16 September 2021, 13:12

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @craigski, thanks for raising this!

I don’t think that using the Display port would work here, as the Beam would require an HDMI-ARC signal to connect - however my colleague @James L. has written an article here on Using Sonos as PC Speakers which may be helpful :)