send front channels of 5.1 and/or 2.0 signal to symfonisk per upnp?

• 5 February 2022
  • 3 replies

This is a bit of a complicated scenario, but in essence I am wondering if it is possible to

1. extract the front left and right channels of an HDMI stereo or surround input stream
  2. send them to 2 Symfonisk speakers (front left/right) that are connected as UPnP renderers

I would then try to deal with the rest of the signal in another way; eventually also UPnP or wired off a soundcard…

thank you

Background: I very much like the Symfonisk panels, but they cannot be configured as front left/rights in a surround setup for some reason, so I am returning the rest of the Sonos stuff (Beam2 and sub)

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Nothing can be configured as front left/rights in a surround setup. I’m not sure where you got that idea from. 

Nothing can be configured as front left/rights in a surround setup. I’m not sure where you got that idea from. 

exactly. Such a shame. Now lets get back on topic.

There are some halfway things that could be done. You could extract analog audio from the HDMI stream and, using PORT, send L/R to the SYMFONSIK, but this would not be a true L/R separated from the DOLBY DIGITAL. And, you’d need to accept and deal with the 75ms lip sync offset.

Another scheme would use a traditional AVR and route the front L/R to PORT. Again, you’d need to deal with the 75ms latency.