Answered

SAMBA v4.15.5 file server stopped working for Sonos connect:amp

Userlevel 1
Badge
  • Trending Lyricist I
  • 12 replies

once i upgraded the OS of my linux box its SAMBA service is not recognized anymore by my Sonos connect:amp device - while the same setup worked just fine for years.  no browsing in the directory tree, no music library update, no playing of any music files, nor mp3 nor flac…

the crucial difference i assume is in the SAMBA version, now at 4.15.5 which does not come anymore with the ancient SMB1/NT1 protocol the connect:amp relies on.  is there anybody out there that got the connect:amp work with a modern SAMBA version > 4.11 ?

here a few elements in my smb.conf file that helped in the past to make this work :

client min protocol = NT1
server min protocol = NT1
ntlm auth = ntlmv1-permitted
follow symlinks = yes
wide links = yes
unix extensions = no

any help is greatly appreciated !

icon

Best answer by pisti 6 May 2022, 17:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

27 replies

Userlevel 2

I finally resurrected my library using samba inside a Debian buster docker image.

I ended up building the samba gateway as described by Stan Miller. It took a little while to get started but once I had the Raspberry Pi up and running, the changes were pretty minimal. Works like a charm and I would definitely recommend it to anyone with SMB V1 problems.

https://stan-miller.livejournal.com/357.html