Ruckus H320 vs. TP-Link EAP235

• 26 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +3
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 19 replies

Hi

After numerous attempts at Mesh Wi-Fi in my house I am finally giving in to hardwiring 5 access points in the hope that this will solve the remaining few issues I have with Sonos.

I have been recommended these 2 units - Ruckus H320 and TP-Link EAP235.

Ignoring price point, please can anyone share their experience of either or both in a Sonos / Wi-Fi context?

The house is ~4,000 sq.ft. and has a significant ground floor extension perpendicular the the main house.

Typically Sonos works fine right up until I deploy most of the downstairs speakers (13 of 17 speakers in the house) for gatherings and then multicast flooding kicks in and dropouts occur.

The only other problem is with a stereo pair of Roams - the RH speaker refuses to switch on form an alarm though simply pressing the volume up button immediately brings it to life. Staring any other way always works for both speakers.

Thanks in advance.

KR Bob

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Have you looked at Ubiquity APs, I’m very happy with mine and their controller device or app is really handy for managing them as a system.

https://store.ui.com/collections/unifi-network-wireless

I’ve currently got my Sonos wired and using Sonosnet but they worked quite well on WiFi until I got too much traffic on it (too high a utilization percentage) from my security cameras.

The body count might be a factor. Humans are mostly bags of water that absorb WiFi energy. Wiring the access points will probably be helpful if they are currently wireless.