Outdoor Karaoke Setup

• 11 September 2019
  • 7 replies

Alright I have 4 Sonos Amp. I have 2 Amps for my outdoor TV. One of my amps is being used as my surround sound. My family and friends love to sing karaoke and we just look for the karaoke version on YouTube through our Apple TV. I just bought a Yamaha AG06 3 channel mixer, BLX88 Shure Wireless Microphone Receiver with 2 Wireless SM58. I am planning on connecting the mixer to the line in option to the amp connected to my TV through HDMI ARC. And I would like to know if this set-up will work. Also are there going to be an issues? If there is, is there anything I can do to fix it. I'm trying to avoid have a huge PA system. I have my Sonos Amp connected to Polk Atrium 6. I'm making everything look very simple. I hate dealing with issues, not a very good when it comes to tech. I have a family member do all the install. And I currently like the setup we have it's amazing for movies and music now we want to add the karaoke completely the setup.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

The Line-In incurs a 70ms delay, and thus it is not useful for live performances. If you could somehow route the mixer audio through the TV input on the Amp, that would not have a significant delay. But I'm not sure how that could be done. Possibly use the Optical to HDMI adapter available under accessories, and purchase a ADC converter to convert the analog out of the mixer to digital input for the optical. But that would be a little kludgey, and switching from TV to Karaoke would not be a simple task.
The Line-In incurs a 70ms delay, and thus it is not useful for live performances. If you could somehow route the mixer audio through the TV input on the Amp, that would not have a significant delay. But I'm not sure how that could be done. Possibly use the Optical to HDMI adapter available under accessories, and purchase a ADC converter to convert the analog out of the mixer to digital input for the optical. But that would be a little kludgey, and switching from TV to Karaoke would not be a simple task.
Thanks I'll see what I can do. Sonos really need to fix that delay. Either a product or software update because they limit my uses for the Sonos products. If Sonos are trying make the music loves happy then they need to really to fix this ASAP. Karaoke is literally the thing missing to complete the entertainment system. What a bummer.
It's inherent in the software design, in order to get everything to play in synch across the wifi signal. I would consider it to be very unlikely that they can defy the laws of physics as we know them.
It's inherent in the software design, in order to get everything to play in synch across the wifi signal. I would consider it to be very unlikely that they can defy the laws of physics as we know them.
They should give it a shot and try. Sonos it's all about making music lovers happy. Beside if we are paying big money for their equipment, it should be flexible.
Also it can be Ethernet cable directly to each Sonos Amp. I would be willing to either invest in new equipment or run wires.
I have found that TV audio lip sync needs line in to be uncompressed to obtain the very small buffer needed for this sync. To then make that reliable needs the Sonos units to be ethernet wire connected. Try wiring with a patch cable to one unit and see if that works; if it does there is your solution.
I have found that TV audio lip sync needs line in to be uncompressed to obtain the very small buffer needed for this sync. To then make that reliable needs the Sonos units to be ethernet wire connected. Try wiring with a patch cable to one unit and see if that works; if it does there is your solution.
I don't know if this is possible. But, I found a HDMI ARC compatible karaoke mixer. I was wondering if I use a splitter to play both tv and mixer at the same time. If it work since I haven't notice any delay through HDMI ARC. This is the karaoke mixer I found. Let me know if it's possible.

Sound Town 16 Channels Wireless Karaoke Microphone and Mixer System with Bluetooth, HDMI ARC, AUX, Supports Smart TV with HDMI Output (ARC), Media Box, PC, Home Theater (SWM15-PRO) - Upgrade Version https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MVXXW72/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_tQIEDbK5FQYD3