Answered

NAIM Core with Sonos ARC and Play:1

• 3 September 2022
  • 1 reply

I’ve moved to a new house and wanting to set up multi room music streaming by integrating my NAIM hi-fi (Uniti Core music server and XP5 XS2 streamer, plus amps and speakers) with my Sonos system (Arc and two Play:1’s acting as surround sound for my LG television) and adding a couple of extra Sonos speakers for kitchen and patio. 

Problem is that the Sonos system does not show the Core as either a uPnP source or as a music server. 

After reading some posts that perhaps my ASUS Zen mesh network was the problem, I’ve added a switch and now everything is hardwired to either the switch (Core, XS2, LG-TV and Arc) or to the router (Both Play:1’s and obviously the switch is hardwired back to the router). 

The LG tv can “see” the Core and play music from it via the LG media app. The Sonos can play from other music sources (eg Amazon Music). The NAIM streamer is very happy to play music off the NAIM core. 

Any suggestions why Sonos can’t see the NAIM core as a uPnP source?  

icon

Best answer by ratty 3 September 2022, 15:19

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

At a casual glance around the interwebs it looks like that Naim server supports SMB, for communication with Windows boxes, in which case you could simply add shared folders to your Sonos local music library.

If you wanted to try and access it as a UPnP server you’d first need to enable the option in Settings/System/Media Servers in the Sonos app. It may work.