Answered

Music quality different changing streaming app

• 13 May 2023
  • 3 replies

I am experiencing some issues changing streaming method.

The issue appears on a system composed by Sonos One (LH) + Sonos One 2nd (RH) + Sub 2nd.

Music service: Apple Music.

Streaming with Sonos S2 app: no issue, good quality, good bass

Streaming with Airplay2: volume is lower, bass are lower, sometimes LH or RH stop working when passing through next song (this happen mostly when streaming “lossless”, so I guess depends on internet connection)

Streaming with Alexa: this is the bigger issue, playing starts with sub not working, so only stereo pair is playing but without bass. During playing, opening Sonos app, I see that removing sub (system → Sub audio → remove flag from “Sub”) the bass increase, because bass pass from Sub (not working) to Sonos One speakers.

Somebody could help me solving Airplay and Alexa streaming issues?

Thank you,

Andrea

icon

Best answer by buzz 13 May 2023, 15:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

With respect to Alexa, what happens if you start play with the SONOS controller, rather than AirPlay?

With respect to Alexa, what happens if you start play with the SONOS controller, rather than AirPlay?

Hi Buzz, starting play with Sonos controller or Airplay: quality as described above, but when I ask Alexa to play a different song, sub disappears!

Thank you 

I suspect that there is some trouble on your network. Unfortunately, we don’t have access to network details. You should submit some diagnostics and log the confirmation numbers. Submit under different conditions. First submit when things are working, again after things go awry. Keep in mind that the micro detail of diagnostic data begins to scroll out of view after about 10 minutes. SONOS staff has access to this data. Don’t Factory Reset without consult because this destroys some diagnostic data. You could submit after successful music play, again after a fault, reboot all three units, and submit again after successful play. This will give SONOS staff some data to churn through. Contact SONOS phone support.

You can post the diagnostic confirmation numbers here. Occasionally, a staff member will pass by and comment.

Give us some details about your network -- especially model numbers. Even though we can’t access the diagnostic data, we can likely make suggestions.