Answered

M3u8 playback error

• 28 March 2018
  • 9 replies

Hello -

I randomly get this message (see attached) that I think is stemming from my SiriusXM stream.

Anyone else get this..? Any ideas how to clear it? It just keeps prompting the error over and over again. Doesn’t go away. I’ve restarted the app, restarted the controller. Nothing has worked.

Thanks,
Andrew
icon

Best answer by Keith N 29 March 2018, 02:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Hey there, andrewhaner. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. What is the station you are trying to play on SiriusXM? Would you mind submitting a diagnostic report and replying with the confirmation number it gives at the end?

Thanks in advance!
Keith - the weird thing is is that I am not even trying to listen to that station - I think it is the Lithium radio station on SiriusXM that is throwing that error, but sometimes I'll be listening to a playlist on the phone, or spotify or another station on Sirius and it happens. I will submit the diagnostic report when I get home in a few minutes. Thanks!
Here’s the confirmation number: 2141035400
Thanks for the diagnostic report, andrewhaner. Based on my findings it seems that the Sonos system is wirelessly connecting to your network. I also noticed that it seems you're using Apple devices as extenders. Could you tell us a little more about your local network? What is the make and model of the router you are using? Is it possible to plug one of your Sonos devices into the router via Ethernet cable?

Thanks again!
Thanks Keith - yes, all my devices are wireless - I can definitely plug in my playbar, but the other devices are no where near the router. Speaking of the router, it is an Apple Airport Extreme router. I don't have any extenders, just the one airport extreme. I am heading out of town tomorrow but I will be back next week and will plug in the playbar when I return.
Keith - I plugged in the playBar to the router. Do you want me to run a diagnostic again?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, Andrew. If you could supply some further diagnostics that would be great. Thanks!
Just ran it. 132693977.
andrewhaner,

The *.M3U8 file format is an 'extensible playlist' file format. It is basically a playlist containing UTF-8 encoded text that points at different audio (or video) files. So the likely error here is the playlist concerned is either pointing to an audio file type that is not supported by Sonos, or the file is perhaps missing, or corrupted.

I don’t think this will prove to be a local error on your network, it appears to me like this is a problem with the source file referenced.

The Sonos audio formats supported are shown here in this link...

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/80/~/supported-audio-formats

So it’s possible the end-file referenced in the *.M3U8 file being called, falls outside the scope of one of the supported Sonos file types ...perhaps?

Those are my thoughts on why this type of error might be occurring.