Answered

Is the Sonos Beam classified as a hub?

• 1 December 2020
  • 6 replies

Does the Sonos beam count as a “hub” so i can connect it to my tv etc? 

icon

Best answer by John B 1 December 2020, 13:53

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

I’m not sure I understand the question.

Beam is an HDMI-ARC device. As such it’s technically an input to the TV, plugged into a suitable HDMI-ARC socket which then delivers audio back to the Beam via the Audio Return Channel. 

Sorry, ill rephrase. Am I able to connect my Play 1 to my beam? So the sound from my TV can come from the play 1 as well?

Oh, right.

If you want to add (‘bond’) speakers to the Beam as surrounds then you must use two like models. A single Play:1 is insufficient. A pair of surrounds become part of the Beam’s ‘room’.

Your single Play:1, as its own ‘room’, could be grouped with the Beam. Music would play in sync between the two; however there’d be a slight delay in the Play:1 for TV sound. If it wasn’t in the same physical space as the Beam this may not matter.

Just group the Beam with the P:1.  It won’t sync perfectly for TV sound but will for music (which may or may not matter, depending on where the P:1 is.  You might be able to sync approximately for TV sound by using the TV Dialog Sync setting in the Beam’s settings, but at the expense of sync between sound and picture.

Ok, thats answered my question. Thanks a lot. 

Are there any Sonos speakers that work will “grouped” together to hear TV/Movie sound?

Sorry you will have to try that further question again...