How to connect 4 speakers - Impedance 6 ohms each. Connect AMP?

• 29 May 2017
  • 3 replies

I have 4 Yamaha NS-IW360C ceiling speakers with an impedance of 6 ohms each.

How can I connect them to the SONOS Connect AMP to have two stereo zones? (Example: kitchen and dining room)

No need to activate or deactivate any of the zones, they can always sound at the same time.

Should I use a speaker selector? Do you recommend any?

I also have a Yamaha YST-FSW150BL Advanced YST II Down-Firing Active Subwoofer, can I use this subwoofer with the SONOS Connect AMP?

Thank you very much for your help.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Badge +1
Hello bmjuber.

While we don't have any recommendations for a speaker selector as long as it has impedance matching you should be fine in connecting those 4 speakers.

I've verified the subwoofer and it looks like a powered subwoofer so it should be ok.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Use an Impedance Matching Speaker Switch.

You haven't got enough speakers to make a series/parallel impedance match circuit, so the best thing to do to keep the impedance at a reasonable level is to use an Impedance Matching -Switch or -Volume Control. Have a look at the B-Tech BT12
Userlevel 3
Badge +6
I'm in the same boat as the OP, but in my case i will have 4 pairs. 2 internal and 2 external.
I want the ability to use a combination of any pairs from just a single to all 4. All will always play the same music.

Any suggestions or recommendations?

Thanks