Answered

How do I add another phone (spotify & music from the phone) to Sonos?

• 2 January 2018
  • 3 replies

Hello, we currently use Sonos Play 1 in our company. One of our colleagues has premium Spotify and it plays well. However when that colleague is not at work and is privately listening to their spotify we cannot play music at the same time.

I have now downloaded spotify on my phone but I cannot add my spotify to the Sonos app. I do not have Spotify premium however I do have music on my Iphone which won't allow me to view in the Sonos app all though I have allowed it in the settings.
icon

Best answer by Edward R 2 January 2018, 17:14

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
You need Spofity Premium to stream via Sonos. You can add multiple Spotify premium accounts.

For music stored locally on your iPhone, you need to make sure this is enabled in "iOS Settings | Sonos | Allow Sonos to Access ... Media and Apple Music". This does not include downloaded Spotify tracks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, HatchEnd. Welcome to the community. You are indeed correct, it is not possible to listen to Spotify on two "devices" at once. In this instance, one would be the system on the premises where you are, and the other would be on his personal device. Yourself, you would indeed need a premium account to add it to Sonos.

Now, in relation to the On This iPhone option, the material must be physically stored on your device to allow it to be playable on Sonos- it must not be kept on the Cloud as this will not appear. It must also be free of any Digital Rights Management / Copy Protection. To check if it is physically stored on your device, you can go to the native music player for that mobile phone and check to see if there is a Cloud icon next to any of the tracks. If so, you will need to get the ones you want downloaded onto that device by tapping the cloud. Let us know how you go.
Hello Edward R & PWT, thank you so much for your help!