Answered

Help!!! All sorts of errors after upgrading SONOS Software to 8.4

• 24 March 2018
  • 6 replies

I have compiled everything I have done so far. SONOS app (Mac or iPhone) is having trouble connecting and playing songs from most music services. I have no problem playing Q100 , 96.1 through TuneIn all 8 speakers. Some Stations fail to Play.

SONOS Devices in use:
7 Sonos Play 1 ( 5 of these are Gen 1, 2 One 2 with Alexa)
1 Sonis SUB

ATT Uverse Internet Speed:
1 GBPs

My Current Devices/Settings/Setup Configuration:
ATT UVERSE Broadband Modem/Router PACE PLC 5268AC — WAS REPLACED with latest ATT UVERSE MOTOROLA Modem/Router (BGW210-700) on 03/21/2018
Wi-FiAccess Point: NETGEAR R9000 (X10) - Initially running firmware v1.0.3.10 was downgraded to v1.0.3.6 (because that was one thing I had done 2 weeks ago). I plan to go up again to v1.0.3.10.

Current Issue:
All sorts of errors: 1001, 701, Unable to add music from 3rd party services, connection issues, diagnostic send failures etc.

Issue since about less than 2 weeks - since I made the update to SONOS version 8.4

Other Devices:
I have 25+ devices at home working fine without a GLITCH through the same Access point. SONOS was also working FINE until few weeks ago. It seem like the issue started after we upgrade SONOS software to 8.4

What other things done until now:

1. Unplug all 8 SONOS devices
2. Unplug all Wi-Fi and Wired connections to AP and Modem
3. UnPlug router (AP), Modem
4. Deleted SOnos Apps
5. Plug modem, AP
6. Plugged Modem, then router
7. Reinstall Sonos App (Mac + Iphones)
8. Plug on SONOS devices (PLAY 1) one by One and set it up without any issues
9. All other devices in the house connects with out any issues
10. I can play TuneIn on all SONS devices NON-STOP for hours
11. As soon as I start accessing Apple Music or Amazon or Sirius or any PAID services the errors and failures start to happen again
12. I am convinced it is NOT my Internet Connection as everything i working fine without dropping packets.

Also checked for dropped packets on both MODE/Router and Access Points. ZERO packets dropped.

SONOS Support, Please HELP. How can go back to an earlier version of SONOS to test?

While trying to send diagnostics sometime I get the error:
Your diagnostic information could not be sent at this time.
Click ‘Try again’ to try sending the information again, or click ‘Done’ and try again later.

Here are some of the diagnostics for your reference.

Another diagnostics was sent on 03/22/2018 at 6:47 AM ET
Another diagnostics submitted after RESET on 03/23/2018 at 10:42 AM
Another diagnostics submitted after RESET on 03/23/2018 at 12:44 PM
Another diagnostics submitted after RESET on 03/23/2018 at 7:28 PM

Thanks.
icon

Best answer by Chris 24 March 2018, 15:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Yea Sonos is going to need to look at those diagnostics. You seem to have done a lot of troubleshooting. They won't be able to drop you back to a prior version but hopefully with the diagnostics they will be able to find the trouble. The current release is a very tested and stable release so it shouldn't be the reason - but as many times happens, with a reboot on update things pop up wrong.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I may have missed in your description. Do you have one of the Sonos devices hooked to your router (thus running Sonosnet). If you do not - have you tried plugging a Sonos unit into router for Sonosnet and looked to see if still see problem.
Hi Chris,

Thats the only thing I had avoided so far in order to make all SONOS speakers work wirelessly. Once I connected (WIRED LAN) just ONE Sonos PLAY 1 to the router everything was back to NORMAL. All SONOS systems, apps and controllers are working flawlessly. I can now GROUP/UNGROUP devices, ADD, PLAY and LISTEN to any Music Service.

I guess SonosNet is the SOLUTION for my scenario. I can live with that.

ISSUE RESOLVED.

THANKS A LOT.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Sonosnet really works well. I mean its the reason Sonos works so well. I'm not a fan of being wifi only and having all that traffic through the router wifi and relying on all the speakers to communicate via the router. I like Sonosnet and all the speakers working together.

To me anyone who has more than 2 Sonos speakers should be using Sonosnet.

As you said - you have 25 plus devices all trying to communicate through one single router. Now all those Sonos devices are talking to themselves vs. each one having to talk through the traffic of your router (and never lose packets and drop your music).
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
As some housekeeping. Review your Sonosnet wifi channel (under settings / advanced). Sonosnet will be on Channel 1, 6, or 11. Make sure your home wifi is on one of those same 3 but alternate from Sonosnet.
Chris,

Appreciate your recommendations and quick response. It makes sense to use SonosNet which I should have been using from day one. I checked - SonosNet using Channel 11. Home is on Auto and I am not having any issues at the time.

I really enjoy the Sonos products as it is of very high quality, reliability and also has access to a large number of music services that competitors lack.

Thanks.