Answered

Fixing multiple SSID connection issues

• 7 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi all, I’m hoping someone can steer me in the right direction. I have two wifi networks in my house with different SSIDs. Let’s call them SSID 1 and SAID 2.

Three of my Sonos speakers (a 5, an old Play3 and a Roam) appear on the System tab when connected to SSID 1 and the fourth speaker (an old Play3) appears only when connected to SSID 2. I obviously would like to have them all appear on the same SSID, specifically SSID 2. 

Oddly, all four speakers show that they’re connected to SSID 2 in the Settings/System/Products view. I cannot explain that. 

Thanks for any advice/solution for this!

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 7 January 2024, 06:04

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Turn off SSID 1 and get all your Sonos and Controller hooked to SSID 2.

You might need to run a temporary Ethernet wire to any that are stuck on SSID 1 so you can change it.

Turn SSID 1 back on and Sonos should ignore it.

Depending on your network settings you may need to connect the controller to SSID 2 to get all the Sonos to show up on it.

Both WiFi’s must use the same subnet. I have two WiFi’s and each SONOS unit is free to make its own choice.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions. I’ll give this a go!