Answered

Everything worked fine until Virgin replaced router

• 12 March 2018
  • 4 replies

I'm running two Amps with an iphone app and windows desk top control. All good until Virgin replaced router last week, now when both amps are connected via ethernet cables causes complete crash of home network and loss of internet, unplug one and it all comes back. I uninstalled the desk top app and reinstalled but all I get is the Sonos logo on the screen and nothing else. Any ideas ?
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 12 March 2018, 23:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi Sargi, what's the mode of that Virgin router?

Most likely what's happening is called a broadcast storm which can be caused by poorly handled traffic, some routers can have this reconfigured. Check our list of incompatible routers here to see if your model is on it. If your router can't be configured, you can either use just one wired into the network as you don't need to have both wired in, or you could look into using a different router to handle the network, with the Virgin supplied one simply as a modem to the internet.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Known issues with the Virgin SH3, when more than one Sonos device is wired. A quick Google search will reveal posts on this forum and on the Virgin Media community. I’m not aware of a solution, other than the suggestion above of switching the SH3 into modem mode
Badge
Just had my virgin router upgraded to a SH3. Have reinstalled my boost and have managed to install 2x Play1 as a stereo pair. Unable to add either my remaining Play1s or my Beam. The Beam is working with the TV, just not connecting to my Sonos Account.

Any ideas, how I can these to work?
Badge
:D
All sorted.