Connecting Outdoor TV to Outdoor Speakers (through Connect AMP)

• 20 March 2018
  • 1 reply

I have been told I can run Cat5 from an outdoor TV to the indoor Connect AMP as long as I use a balun on both sides to make the connection. This would then allow sound from the TV to be played through the speakers that I have tied to the Connect AMP. Is this correct? I would assume then that volume control would be done through my phone. If anyone has additional suggestions (I don't want to spend $700+ on a Playbar), I am open. Thanks in advance!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I don't know much about converting audio signals over cat5, however you can get pretty long RCA cables that won't lose a signal. I have a setup with 35 ft through the attic to a jack, then an additional 25 ft to the tv. (I don't live the tv outside permanently). I don't know how much longer it can go before you lose the signal. Also, not sure how well this would work if I need to bury the cable or something like that.

I have no issues with the sound quality, however, there is a delay between the video and audio, as the CONNECT:AMP is not designed for this purpose. It bothers some people, but not others. I have not used it too much, just going with tv audio, but I think it will be ok with sports and such where the syncing isn't as important.