Answered

Connect Beam Gen 2 to Sonos Connect Amp to use with external subwoofer

• 1 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi Support Community - I have a Sonos Beam Gen 2 with 2 Sonos One SL used as surround speakers.

I have an external third party subwoofer (Rel T3) and I was hoping to add the subwoofer and pair to the Beam and One SL surround speakers using the Sonos S2 app. I understand that the Sonos Beam can be paired to the Sonos Connect AMP (Gen 2) to add rear speakers, but just wondering if this can also be used to connect to a subwoofer instead (noting that I will not be using the amp to add rear surrounds)?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by jgatie 1 February 2022, 03:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

No, both the line in and subwoofer out are disabled when using Amp as surrounds.

No, both the line in and subwoofer out are disabled when using Amp as surrounds.

Thanks for the response. Just wanting to clarify that I will not be connecting any surrounds to the Connect Amp - I am just waiting to use it to be able to pair it with the Beam Gen 2 to add a subwoofer only. I have 2 One SL's for surrounds. Cheers

Userlevel 7

@speakersnoopy You could group the Beam to the Connect:Amp and third-party subwoofer but you will likely experience a slight delay with the subwoofer when listening to TV audio from the Beam.

It’s best to stick with the Sonos Sub when using a Sonos soundbar like an Arc or Beam.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Aside from the slight delay, volume control would be inconvenient since the TV remote would only adjust the Beam and surrounds; the sub volume would only be controllable via the Sonos app.