Question

Can the Sonos sub connect to multiple devices at the same time?

• 1 January 2018
  • 3 replies

I have a pair of in-ceiling speakers and use a connect: Amp to play music from Sonos/Spotify. I also would like to purchase a Playbar for my television. Can I use the same sub to provide extra bass for both connections, the Playbar and the Connect:Amp? I would not want to use both connections at the same time but would like to have both connect to the sub for convenience.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Not easily. You could bond and unbond the SUB each time, but it's a couple of minutes of effort, and you'd be unhappy fairly quickly, as you'd probably want to run TruePlay each time you did so.

Sonos doesn't make this convenient. I suspect it helps sales of more SUBs, but I'm cynical.
Thanks, Bruce.

I should have known that would be too easy.

John
Yeah, it's not ideal for the user experience, but probably drives some sales for them, so I wouldn't expect them to spend a lot of energy to make it easy.

Frankly, I tend to leave my SUB bonded with my PLAYBAR, set the surrounds to "Full" rather than "Ambient" and turn them up for music, so that I get the stereo from the surrounds, and the SUB works with them, while the PLAYBAR is much "fainter" in the background. I find it servicable, not perfect. But I'd rather not spend the cash on another SUB.

If I spent more time listening to music, rather than watching TV or movies, I might switch it to be bonded with other speakers. But I don't. And it works for me 🙂