Answered

Can't access email

• 1 January 2021
  • 2 replies

My father passed two years ago and the speaker that is hooked up to the TV works. I'm trying to get the other three to work around the room but I have to log into the app and do not have access to the email that he used. What can I do? Two are small and same model, and one is huge with a huge space in the middle. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 1 January 2021, 03:14

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

My father passed two years ago and the speaker that is hooked up to the TV works. I'm trying to get the other three to work around the room but I have to log into the app and do not have access to the email that he used. What can I do? Two are small and same model, and one is huge with a huge space in the middle. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Sorry about your Father. 

This is a case of whether you know your Father’s Sonos account password? If so, you can download / open the S1 Sonos App (black icon) onto a recent mobile iOS. or Android, device connected to the local network and transfer the devices to your own, or a current email address… to simply change email address goto "Settings/Account/Change E-Mail” in the App.
Note: if you don’t see the speaker devices in the App, then just temporarily wire the main TV speaker to the local wifi router.

To transfer actual ownership of all devices... (I suggest you choose this option) ...goto "Settings/System/Transfer System Ownership” in the App instead. 

If you don’t know the password, I would recommend you factory reset all devices which is explained here in this LINK. It would mean however all information would be lost and it would be like setting up the speakers from new. To set them up again however, if you do choose this option, then I would suggest you use the S2 Sonos App (gold icon) instead, but because the devices have ‘perhaps’ not been updated for 2 years or so, you may need to seek assistance from Sonos Customer Care, but see how it goes.

Sonos Customer Care can be contacted via this LINK.

Hope that assists.

Sorry about your Father. 

This is a case of whether you know your Father’s Sonos account password? If so, you can download / open the S1 Sonos App (black icon) onto a recent mobile iOS. or Android, device connected to the local network and transfer the devices to your own, or a current email address… to simply change email address goto "Settings/Account/Change E-Mail” in the App.
Note: if you don’t see the speaker devices in the App, then just temporarily wire the main TV speaker to the local wifi router.

To transfer actual ownership of all devices... (I suggest you choose this option) ...goto "Settings/System/Transfer System Ownership” in the App instead. 

If you don’t know the password, I would recommend you factory reset all devices which is explained here in this LINK. It would mean however all information would be lost and it would be like setting up the speakers from new. To set them up again however, if you do choose this option, then I would suggest you use the S2 Sonos App (gold icon) instead, but because the devices have ‘perhaps’ not been updated for 2 years or so, you may need to seek assistance from Sonos Customer Care, but see how it goes.

Sonos Customer Care can be contacted via this LINK.

Hope that assists.

Thank you very much! Points me in the right direction!