can i combine Lovesac Stealthtech and Sonos?

• 17 January 2024
  • 7 replies

Ok, this will be long but I’ll try to include all info needed. I have a Sonos arc, two Sonos 300’s and the sub in my living room. I recently got a Lovesac sactional with their soundbar, speakers and sub. I’d like for both the Lovesac speakers and the Sonos speakers to work together (all speakers working at the same time). I’d prefer to use my Sonos soundbar. I read that I needed the Sonos port which I got but it appears that I have to plug it into the stealthtec sound bar. Regardless, if I take off the arc and use the stealthtec bar, my 300’s and sub don’t work but if I use the Sonos arc, I can’t find a place on the stealthtec sub to plug the port in. Please help! I was told this can be done but now I’m not so sure. Thank you in advance for your help! 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

I’m not sure it can. I wondered the same thing, but ultimately decided not to invest in LoveSac.

There is no way to get a ‘home theater’ format out of the Sonos system. The best that the Port can handle with its line out is merely stereo. 

Unfortunately, I don’t know of any manufacturers of speaker systems that want you to be able to ‘share’ that data with another company’s speakers. They all seem to want you to stay within their own ecosystem.

If you can figure out who told you this was a possibility, I would be very excited to learn how they thought it would work. I certainly can’t think of a way. 

You can use a SONOS PORT to send audio to Lovesac, however, there will be major drawbacks.

PORT’s output is stereo and audio will be delayed with respect to TV audio playing through the SONOS ARC. Most listeners cannot tolerate this delay, but some can. When playing music, PORT and SONOS ARC’s output will be time aligned -- unless there is some latency in Lovesac. Volume control will be tricky because you will have three Volume controls (ARC, PORT, Lovesac) Sometimes a single IR remote will be OK while watching TV. Further, the two subwoofers may interact poorly.

Since PORT cannot send surround sound to Lovesac you’ll need to devise a Rube Goldberg arrangement to provide HDMI-eARC to both the SONOS ARC and Lovesac if you want Dolby ATMOS. If you want 5.1 you can use a simple optical splitter from your TV to the SONOS ARC and Lovesac. (Note that I’m assuming that Lovesac can accept 5.1 through its optical connection.) Regardless, there is no guarantee that you’ll be able to time align TV audio between SONOS and Lovesac.

Edit: Airgetlam types much faster and I was contemplating what the Rube Goldberg might be, but finally decided not to recommend anything.

Heh. I thought about a Rube Goldberg type solution, but couldn’t guaranty any sync between the two devices. It might be close, but too many hurdles to overcome if you were splitting the HDMI signal ;)

You can use a SONOS PORT to send audio to Lovesac, however, there will be major drawbacks.

PORT’s output is stereo and audio will be delayed with respect to TV audio playing through the SONOS ARC. Most listeners cannot tolerate this delay, but some can. When playing music, PORT and SONOS ARC’s output will be time aligned -- unless there is some latency in Lovesac. Volume control will be tricky because you will have three Volume controls (ARC, PORT, Lovesac) Sometimes a single IR remote will be OK while watching TV. Further, the two subwoofers may interact poorly.

Since PORT cannot send surround sound to Lovesac you’ll need to devise a Rube Goldberg arrangement to provide HDMI-eARC to both the SONOS ARC and Lovesac if you want Dolby ATMOS. If you want 5.1 you can use a simple optical splitter from your TV to the SONOS ARC and Lovesac. (Note that I’m assuming that Lovesac can accept 5.1 through its optical connection.) Regardless, there is no guarantee that you’ll be able to time align TV audio between SONOS and Lovesac.

Edit: Airgetlam types much faster and I was contemplating what the Rube Goldberg might be, but finally decided not to recommend anything.

Thank you. I was kinda afraid this would be my answer. So is the port just for like a record player or something? 

Yes, the old world equivalent would be a tape deck.

I’m not sure it can. I wondered the same thing, but ultimately decided not to invest in LoveSac.

There is no way to get a ‘home theater’ format out of the Sonos system. The best that the Port can handle with its line out is merely stereo. 

Unfortunately, I don’t know of any manufacturers of speaker systems that want you to be able to ‘share’ that data with another company’s speakers. They all seem to want you to stay within their own ecosystem.

If you can figure out who told you this was a possibility, I would be very excited to learn how they thought it would work. I certainly can’t think of a way. 

Stealthtwc website says it can! And specifically mentioned the Sonos port. I’ll contact customer service in the morning and see what they say and update this post. Thanks for your reply. 

Yes, the old world equivalent would be a tape deck.

I miss those things sometimes!