Answered

2 Arcs registered but using only 1--how to reconfigure?

• 7 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Apparently I created a thorny issue when I swapped out Arc SL (returned without resetting it) for Arc for my home theater surround system that includes Sub, Arc, and 2 One’s as left and right rear surrounds.  

Each time I try to re-configure, Sonos app adds “room 2, 3, etc. and does not allow me add the One’s--it only presents 2 other One’s I have in other rooms.  Now, my entire config is messed up.

Is there an easy resolution?  It seems every attempt I make only complicates matters!

Help!

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 7 December 2022, 18:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Apparently I created a thorny issue when I swapped out Arc SL (returned without resetting it) for Arc for my home theater surround system that includes Sub, Arc, and 2 One’s as left and right rear surrounds.  

Each time I try to re-configure, Sonos app adds “room 2, 3, etc. and does not allow me add the One’s--it only presents 2 other One’s I have in other rooms.  Now, my entire config is messed up.

Is there an easy resolution?  It seems every attempt I make only complicates matters!

Help!

To clarify, you return your original Arc SL, with the surrounds and sub still bonded to it, and now you can’t get your surrounds (2  Ones)  added as surrounds to the new Arc you have?

Normally, you would need to remove the Ones (and Sub) form your Arc, then add them to the new Arc.  Do you  see your Ones and Sub listed in a room by your old Arc SL name?  If not, I probably would just do a factory reset of the Ones, and Sub if needed.

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/reset-your-sonos-product

Thanks!  I managed to assemble the desired 5.1 surround config.  Much appreciated!  Love Sonos when working.