Answered

roam- no bluetooth before wifi??

• 16 July 2021
  • 6 replies

I am traveling the United States. I bought 2 Roam speakers for bluetooth playing. I have no wifi network here. AND I CAN NOT SET UP MY SPEAKERS. There is no support. Boot on chat, phone is offline, no mail answer. Now I have 2 plastic usless boxes for the next 2 month/  I wish this company go straight to hell. No. Really.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 16 July 2021, 01:12

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

I just got somebody on mail telling me a story that was not told before i bought the speaker:

No out of the box Bluetooth option.

I need a personal wifi- no hotspots, no repeaters, no free net no…...MUSIC

When I look at the Sonos website for the Roam, under the FAQ, I find this:

Will Roam work with Bluetooth out of the box?

Like all Sonos speakers, Roam must be set up with the Sonos app while on WiFi before you can connect a device directly via Bluetooth.

I don’t know what it says on the box, though. 

I admit I was not looking for FAQ, why would I ?

I never do.

There is nothing on or in the box to suggest it.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I feel that Sonos are very selective with their information, they either bury bad news in the small print or mislead with advertising. 
they are also far too reliant on this forum, I find that their in house technical support has been scaled back and dumbed down. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I would not say the FAQ section on the web page of the speaker is “the small print”. Is it that hard to read up on things before you buy an expensive item like the Roam, that is not just a bluetooth speaker, but a speaker that is part of a multiroom wifi audio system?

DFTT