Portable Sonos 1

• 26 September 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge +3
Our family likes to listen to SONOS in our home, but unfortunately if we sit outside in our gardens we have no way to listen to the beautiful music. I believe there would be a great market for a portable battery (and electrical) operated Play 1 or 3 wireless speaker.
Recommendation: SONOS, please consider making a portable battery operated wireless speaker device.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

It's a common request. I believe 3rd companies have looked into making some sort of battery pack for the play:1, but it never got anywhere. I believe there was issues with the size of the battery needed to power the play:1 for a signifcant length of time. Generally speaking, those that want to use Sonos outdoors have either plugged in a play:1 to an outdoor outlet, extension cord if needed, or they have installed outdoor speakers wired to a connect:amp.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, just giving you a little background on the subject.
Assuming that there is enough wifi signal in the garden, of course, another challenge to this concept. Even Apple's AirPlay requires an internet signal to work.
Badge +1
Assuming that there is enough wifi signal in the garden, of course, another challenge to this concept. Even Apple's AirPlay requires an internet signal to work.

This could be easily fixed in Sonos' favour - if you wanted to use your Sonos Portable far from the house you'd need to have multiple Sonos Portables to act as relays for the Wifi signal and thus creating extra sales for Sonos. Problem solved. Please bring out a portable (ideally as a Play 3 size but upgraded with Play 5 Gen 2 styling).