Question

Move Bluetooth connection isn't working

• 15 September 2020
  • 1 reply

I have read 10 threads on issues switching the Move to Bluetooth connection.  I've clicked the BT side, I've clicked middle, I've clicked it quickly, I've held it down for over a minute, and at no point in any combination of where I pressed and how long I pressed has the light turned blue and the speaker chimed to indicate  it switched to Bluetooth connection.  Has anyone else gotten to this point?  Did I just get a lemon?  I'd like to make 100% sure I haven’t gone dumb sitting at home at year before I go to the hassle of returning it.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @wade575.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate the detailed post outlining your concern, as well as the troubleshooting steps that you did, let me help and try to figure this out.

If I understand it correctly, this is a new Sonos Move that’s not switching to Bluetooth mode?

NOTE: Before pairing your Sonos Move with a Bluetooth device for the first time, it must be set up in WiFi mode.

To verify, it seems that you already tried to switch Move to Bluetooth mode accordingly by following the right steps:

• Find the Mode button located on the back of your Move between the Power and Join button.
  • Press the button once to switch to Bluetooth Mode. 
  • The Move will chime and the LED on top of the speaker will turn blue.

If I may ask, upon pressing the Bluetooth Button what happen on the Move’s light, did it stay solid white?

Please check the attached articles above for more information, and if that doesn't help, kindly submit a diagnostic report, and reply with the confirmation number.

I'd start by reviewing your system and the device's status to see if there’s anything causing this issue.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to reach out.