Question

How many speakers can I add to my zone? Already have playbar, sub and 2 x Play 1

• 6 September 2017
  • 4 replies

I am interested in the Sonos 15% off anniversary offer. I already have a setup in my living room with a Playbar, Sub and 2 x Play 1 speakers for surround sound. I'm interested to buy another Play 1 or Play 3 to use in the hallway or an adjacent room to play the same audio throughout my apartment (but only for Spotify or Apple Music, not TV sound). Is it possible to do this, can I simply add another speaker to this same zone or will it be an issue as the Play 1's are currently setup for surround sound and it can't add another?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

You definitely can add more speakers to your system, but technically, they would not be in the same zone. You'd actually be creating a second zone. The second zone can then play it's own music or source, or the same music source as playing in your living room. All you would do is group your two zones together. You add up to 32 (I think) zones altogether, way more than you need for your apartment, with the ability to pay the zones together or separate in different combinations.
Not 32 total zones (or Rooms), but 32 total devices (Connects, Play:x's, Playbars/bases and/or Boosts).
thanks for the correction jgate.
I'm also interested in this anniversary offer - but I have received no email or "code" even though I have had sonos in my house for many years and is a loyal customer!? Can you plz help me what is the voucher code for this anniversary you have to enter to redeem the discount ?? Thanks in advance.