Question

Connect:Amp & Bluetooth speakers

• 8 November 2017
  • 2 replies

I have Sonos system in my house that is made up of 4 Connect:Amp units that send audio to wired speakers mounted in the ceilings of most rooms and to outdoor speakers on my deck. Works great!

I do not have any speakers installed in my garage but I do have a JBL Bluetooth Charge3 portable speaker that I rarely use, and would like to link it (via Blueooth) to my Sonos network. If there is a way to do this, can you either point me to where I can find how to do it or give me a quick lesson on how I can get this done?

Currently, to achieve what I want, I can bypass the Sonos network and link the speaker to my Android phone or iPad using Bluetooth and that works well. I would prefer, though, to be able to have the Bluetooth speaker listed along with the rooms currently listed as destinations on my Sonos network.

Any help you can provide would be great appreciated. Thanks...

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

No, there is no way to connect Bluetooth speakers, or any 3rd party streaming speakers, to the Sonos network. Even if you went the route of buying a Connect and connecting a Bluetooth transmitter, the speaker would probably lag behind the Sonos speakers.
The CONNECT:AMP doesn't have a way to send an audio signal to another device, wired or wireless. The CONNECT does, but wired only. You'd have to get a CONNECT and Bluetooth transceiver (assuming the JBL doesn't have a wired input) to make it work.

Personally, I don't want to spend around $400 dollars for Bluetooth quality sound in sync with the rest of my house (that I can't hear when in the garage). You could get better sound and a easier setup if you bought a pair of PLAY:1s or SONOS ONEs for around the same price. Even a single of either speaker would sound better that your JBL...pretty easily. I've seen some adds that the PLAY:1 will be $150 for black Friday. You might want to consider taking better care of the Sonos than you would the JBL, but it should operate fine in the garage in the conditions don't get too extreme.

edit: I type too slow...