Answered

Will Boost help?

• 9 September 2018
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3
  • Prominent Collaborator I
  • 58 replies
I live an area with many WiFi networks. My Sonos keeps dropping out or skipping in the middle of a song. I get a message that says “unable to play....”.

Previously I had a Bridge wired to router and had very few problems. Bridge crapped out after about 10 years. Since it crapped out we switched to WiFi from Boost setup. Now we have problems.

My question is will a wired Boost and Boost network help? My Sonos used to be so reliable. Not so much anymore.
icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 9 September 2018, 18:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

If the Bridge was fine before it "crapped out" (which was probably just a failed power supply), then putting a Boost in its original place ought to work.

BTW if you still have the Bridge, compatible power supplies are available from Amazon quite cheaply. Boost is however superior.
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Thanks Ratty. I can get an open box Boost for $61. Just trying to figure out if it will solve anything.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
There is a good chance it will if the Bridge helped, the Boost is an improved Bridge with SonosNet 2.0 instead of 1.0 and better radios/antennas.

If you can wire any of your Sonos gear you might try that and put your system back in Boost mode without the Boost. Make sure the SonosNet is on your cleanest WiFi channel (1, 6 or 11) and look at your network matrix to see how the links between the Sonos devices looks.

http://your-ip-here:1400/support/review