In the midst of a major home renovation and trying to determine the best configuration for my needs. Currently (in my old house) I use a 7-channel receiver wired to 5 channel soundbar for TV audio. I also have a 5-channel receiver currently wires to 2 sets of speakers.
NEW HOUSE WISH LIST:
1. Basement: in-ceiling vs sonos 1 for gym
2. Kitchen: in-ceiling
3. Dining/living: in-ceiling (location is between these 2 rooms)
4. Den (TV area): sound for TV. Would like ability to play sonos here as well
5. Back deck: exterior wired speakers
6. Master bedroom: in-ceiling
I'm struggling with how to incorporate my existing receivers, sonos CONNECT:AMPs and/or CONNECT, and freestanding sonos speakers. Here are my current plans with a few questions:
1. TV: I think it would be simplest to keep my current TV/receiver/wired soundbar setup for watching TV. If I want to play sonos through the soundbar, is it as simple as using a CONNECT?
2. Kitchen/dining/living: I should be able to use one CONNECT:AMP for these 2 sets of in-ceiling speakers, yes? Any special considerations for these speakers and the CONNECT:AMP?
3. Exterior: I will need a CONNECT:AMP for these as well, as I will want to control this audio source separately. I could also use my 5-channel receiver + CONNECT here too.
4. Master bedroom: same options here as for exterior speakers. Not sure if it matters which is which
5. Basement: I think it would be simpler to use a sonos 1 here for separate control. Will be working out here in the morning when the rest of the house is asleep.
Any thoughts or comments would be much appreciated! Thanks!