I would like to lay out my plans and hoping you all can tell me if it will work, how i could improve it, and if i'm missing anything. And of course all smart ass comments to tell me how stupid I am are welcome
1) Kitchen: Amazon echo dot wired to Connect Amp...and Connect amp wired to ceiling speakers in the kitchen. Basically want to be able to say to the Echo Dot to play music off Spotify/Amazon/Sonos. Also, at times I want the option of being able to use my iphone/SONOS App to play music on the kitchen speakers and zone them with other rooms if/when I want to (ie: play a song on kitchen AND living room speakers or kitchen AND office speakers). Will this be possible or should I forget about SONOS and the Connect Amp in the kitchen and just hook the Echo dot directly to ceiling speakers? Also any recommendations for ceiling speakers that would do well for this scenario
2) Living Room: Sonos Playbar, Subwoofer, Connect Amp wired to 2 ceiling speakers. Will I get surround sound by doing this? Any loss in quality by hooking to ceiling speakers instead of just using Sonos play 1s?
3) Master Bathroom: Same as kitchen. Voice controlled music by connecting Amazon Echo Dot to Connect Amp to Ceiling speakers.
4) Outside Deck area: Connect Amp (will be inside) wired to weather grade speakers (outside). I would wire 4 total speakers to the Connect Amp so that I would have 2 speakers at the outside deck area and then 2 speakers at the walkout basement level below this deck
5) Office - 1 or 2 play 1's
6) Covered Porch: 1 or 2 play 1's
7) Eventually would expand Sonos system to unfinished basement, but that's way down the road.
Any advice, tips, or tricks are greatly appreciated.
Best answer by KumarView original