My question is what would be a good modern replacement for the Time Capsule with the following conditions:
1. International voltage range like Sonos kit.
2. Should be available in Best Buy stores in the US.
3. Should work as a drop in replacement for Sonos.
4. Should work as a drop in replacement for WiFi - either with the two AEX extenders at either end of a single floor apartment, or by not needing these.
5. If 4 is not likely, what extenders will have to be bought as well?
While I use the Time Capsule for Time Machine back ups, I can easily use a wired to Mac HDD to do this, so this functionality is not needed.
Airport Extreme would have been the obvious choice but for the concern that Apple have stopped development of the line since 2016.
Best answer by pwt
Fwiw, my wireless network infrastructure also includes a Time Capsule (4th Gen) and an Airport Express (2nd Gen). Both have been easy to use and trouble-free, rather more so than the ISP-provided cable modem / router that is also part of the set up. Although Apple appears to have ended new product development for network equipment, it's still selling devices and I would expect a 3-5 year support window for significant security issues from the point at which a device is discontinued.
Not very exciting, I know, but I'd be minded to keep your exisiting devices if they are meeting your needs. I certainly have no urge to replace mine.