Hi, I am having a kitchen refurb done in a couple of months and I'm thinking ahead about a sound system. Sonos seems like a good solution, but I have no sonos products and could do with some advice please on what to get. The space is fairly large and open plan - see pic. What I am looking to establish is:-
- What type of speakers?
- Should I consider ceiling speakers?
- How many?
- Where would they be positioned?
- Do I need an amp?
Some random info:-
- Stereo or Surround - I'm not into home cinema and so I reckon a stereo system will do unless surround sound will offer some advantages in filling the space? That said, will it be possible to even create a stereo field in a room of this shape? Perhaps surround is the best option?
- The system will need to be good enough to support a party so fairly loud!
- I like house, techno, D&B, bass, chillout, and ambient. Mainly electronic.
- Maybe ceiling speakers would help, but I thought (maybe incorrectly) that I'd need 6 of these and got very confused when trying to find an amp that could power these.
- The budget is about £1500 - £1800.
- I could maybe add to the initial system later on, maybe with a sub-woofer or something else
- I am an Apple phone, Spotify and Alexa user
Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Best answer by AjTrek1View original