What’s the current lead time for a returns label?

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Having dipped into the forum a bit, this seems to be a recurring issue. 

I set up a MBG return of a Roam yesterday over the phone. The email confirming the return arrived during the call. It said an email would follow with a pre-paid return label. 

No such pre-paid return label has arrived. This is irritating because I want to initiate the return, get a refund and then buy a Move instead. 

On a related point on Sat 14 (it’s now Thurs 19) I did an online trade in of one of my controllers to get the discount for the Roam (now Move)  I don’t have a returns label for that yet either. This is more Sonos’s problem than mine (at least for the time being) as they honoured the discount when I bought the Roam. But it is making me think that it could be a while before the returns label for the Roam arrives.

If it matters, I’m in the U.K.  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Greg66 

Thanks for your post!

I had to wait a little while, as 24 hours hadn’t yet passed, but it looks like things haven’t gone exactly to plan on our side. I’ve flagged your case with our Returns team, who will investigate and get in touch with you soon.

I hope this helps, and apologies for the delay.

How are you getting on with your returns process Greg? Currently also having an absolute nightmare trying to replace a faulty speaker!

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

How are you getting on with your returns process Greg? Currently also having an absolute nightmare trying to replace a faulty speaker!

Not that well, to be honest.

The time line so far:

Roam ordered Sat 14 May using a 30% upgrade discount from an old Controller.

Despatched to me Tues 17 May; delivered Wed 18 May, Returns process initiated immediately (18 May).

Return labels supplied late Fri 20 May (coincidentally after emailing Sonos’s CEO) and Roam despatched by me to pick up point the same day to Poland (why Poland?)

Roam collected by Courier (UPS) Mon 23 May

Roam arrived at UPS’s Polish warehouse Wed 25 May at lunchtime.

Since then it has sat in UPS’s warehouse going nowhere. Apparently it is waiting customs clearance. It’s now lunchtime on Mon 30 May.

Sonos won’t refund me the purchase price until it has the Roam. Latest I have had in writing is that Sales will “check what can be done” about reinstating the 30% upgrade discount - a phrasing that does not leave me confident.

Bottom line: 12 days after starting the returns process the Roam is still sitting in a warehouse somewhere and I am still waiting for a refund. And that has included a fair bit of chasing Sonos and UPS CS along the way.

It all looks badly organised. Why, for example, don’t Sonos have a receiving warehouse in the UK, so that they can process refunds once UK returns arrive there, and then they can deal with the customs clearance side of things when getting the returns into the EU (if that is where they really need to go - that also seems bizarre to me) in their time rather than mine?

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

An update of sorts. The moral of this story is make sure you order correctly in the first place!

The Roam was received by Sonos yesterday (3 June) having spent an age awaiting customs clearance in a Polish warehouse. 

Naively I assumed that I would be able to get my upgrade discount reinstated today (4 June) and place an order for a Move to replace the Roam. 

But no. The returned item has to be processed by the returns team before the upgrade discount can be reinstated. The returns team has a big backlog and doesn’t work on Saturdays. Apparently this hold up is due to a backend system change at Sonos which has quite a few rough edges: things that ought to be automated are now having to be done manually. 

I am told that worst case could be another three weeks before the returned item has been processed. 

This is not a great experience. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@Greg66  - interesting story as I also have just returned a product (I’m in the UK), to the Polish site and it is sat in that warehouse since just yesterday so far. I will see how long it takes my item to be released.

My item also had an upgrade discount applied so I don’t know if I will get that back automatically or do I have to contact Sonos to see if they will give it back to me?

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I think I can now add the final chapter to this. 

Having received the Roam on 3 Jun Sonos refunded my CC the next day. It then took a phone call to Sales on the next working day to generate a request be made of “management” to email me a discount voucher. It seems that the original discount can’t be “unused” or reversed, and a manual equivalent discount is provided by email, and that is a process that has to be generated manually. 

Since the Roam was a something of an impulse buy, I now have to work out whether I really want an outdoor speaker enough to order a Move when not driven by impulse…

How long did it take for everyone to get a returns shipping label? I have the RMA number and it said within 24 hours I would get the label and its now been a week since that email and almost 2 weeks since I called in the issue. 

How long did it take for everyone to get a returns shipping label? I have the RMA number and it said within 24 hours I would get the label and its now been a week since that email and almost 2 weeks since I called in the issue. 

Check your spam folder, if not checked already …and if it isn’t there, then perhaps contact Sonos Sales Staff via this link to see if they can maybe help to sort the issue:

https://support.sonos.com/s/global-sales-help