Answered

What Products Should I Use

• 7 June 2021
  • 1 reply

Hello! I recently purchased and built a new home but did not install any surround house in the home. I currently have a Sonos Beam and two Sonos One SL that I purchased from costco for my living room TV to play TV/Movies and music from my app/smart TV. I am curious what I could do for my kitchen, entryway and covered patio for sound - is it possible to purchase the Sonos AMP and place in-wall speakers from another vendor in the respective rooms? If I went that route could I create different zones such as; 

• Living Room TV//Speakers 
  • Entryway
  • Garage 
  • Outside 
  • All Speakers playing the same 

What can I do to add-in a wall control inside and on the back patio? Can I use the Brilliant controls to connect my Ring cameras, Sonos Audio, etc? What’s the best wall control to use so that we could turn it down without needing to go to a mobile device on the Sonos app? 

Is this possible to do? What would I need? Could I set them to all be on the same account//zone?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 7 June 2021, 23:04

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

If you want only in-wall or in-ceiling speakers throughout the house, you can use a Sonos Amp to power up to four speakers (up to six Sonos Architectural by Sonance speakers). But keep in mind that a single Amp acts as one zone, meaning all speakers wired to a single Amp will play the same content at the same volume. So if you want the entryway, kitchen, and patio to act as individual zones, you would need to get three Sonos Amps. And, yes, you can use third-party passive speakers with the Amp.

If your budget allows, I would definitely get an Amp/outdoor speakers and Amp/in-ceiling speakers for the patio and entryway.

In-ceiling speakers are definitely the cleanest and classiest option for the kitchen and garage, but you could also consider a pair of Ones, a Five, or the Move.

And all Sonos products can be played separately or together at the same time.

Brilliant Home Control switches are compatible with Sonos and Ring. The Lutron Caséta Pico remote can also control Sonos products: https://www.casetawireless.com/sonos

But one of the easiest ways to control your Sonos products is through a voice assistant like Amazon Alexa.