Answered

Update old products to current ones.

• 30 December 2022
  • 2 replies

I’ve just moved into a new house and the previous owners had Sonos speakers installed throughout the house in the walls and ceilings. I think they are now legacy parts though and no longer work. I’d like to be able to upgrade them to currently supported parts. 

They had a ZP90 and a tower of Zoneplayer 120s installed in the cupboard under the stairs and I believe they are wired to the speakers installed in the ceilings of the various rooms around the house. 

What is the best way to upgrade them?

icon

Best answer by jgatie 30 December 2022, 15:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Install the S1 app. Power down all of them, pick one, hard-wire it, factory reset it, then set up a new system with that single device. If it is has not been updated in a very long time you will need to call Sonos support.

That one device done, one by one power up the other devices, factory reset them and Add to your system.

Even if they are legacy parts, what makes you think they “no longer work”?  S1 devices work just fine with the S1 app, they just aren’t getting any updates aside from bug fixes and security updates.

Those facts aside, if you wish to update to more modern devices, the update of the ZP90 is the Port, and the update for the ZP120 is the Amp.