Answered

Two tv’s in a bar connected to one Sonos Amp!

• 19 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi Sonos Community!

I have a bar with two tv’s and one Sonos amp connected to in-ceiling speakers. I would like the ability to choose either tv for audio playback via ARC to the Sonos amp. Is there an HDMI switch available that I can use to achieve this function? Right now I have one tv connected straight to the Sonos amp and the other tv uses it’s built in speakers.

icon

Best answer by Sonosjunkie 20 March 2021, 00:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

The challenge here is you’re not sending an HDMI signal to the Sonos Amp, so not just any HDMI switch would work. The TV is actually sending an HDMI ARC signal, and you’ll need to confirm that the switch you purchase has the ability to pass an ARC signal, otherwise it won’t work.

I’ve not looked recently, but when I did, finding a switch that handled ARC properly was challenging. Most of them are designed to go between the source and several TVs, not several TVs and a “sink”, which is what the Amp (or any speaker) is considered.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Maybe a simpler solution would be to get a TV tuner box. Select that to pipe audio. And then leave the TVs on mute.