Answered

tv with sonos amp and ceiling speakers

• 8 June 2021
  • 1 reply

Thinking of a set up for a new home “office”.

I planned to use a Sonos amp connected to 2 ceiling speakers for music. Simple. I also wondered if I could connect in the TV using hdmi arc and have the tv sound come from the same ceiling speakers. Wouldn’t necessarily need to be in stereo although it may work. 

The question is would the sound be ok from the tv purely though the 2 speakers without any sound bar etc? Or would it maybe sound bad as I would need a sound bar and set the as a stereo pair? It’s a lot to invest if it is going to not sound great. If that is the case I will just get a sound bar and play tv and music though that.

anyone tested this set up or have any comments!?

thanks!

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 8 June 2021, 01:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Two ceiling speakers for TV audio wouldn’t necessarily sound bad, but they probably won’t sound as good as a soundbar primarily because the location of the speakers. It is usually recommended that TV speakers be at or around the same level as the TV, not above you unless they are acting as Dolby Atmos height channel speakers. But for an office setting, ceiling speakers would be ok if you just need some ambient audio playing in the office while you work.