Answered

Turntable with stereo sound and a third speaker in another room

• 5 February 2022
  • 9 replies

Hi all, I am currently looking at sonos as a solution for my audio sound, just want to make sure it can do what I want it to do before I purchase. Forgive me if this is naïve question. Can I have my turntable (with built in amp) connected to 2 Five’s, so I can listen in stereo in one room and then have a third speaker (possible another Five) in another room and have the music from the turntable play at the same time? So in stereo in one room and from one speaker in another room? 

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by nik9669a 5 February 2022, 20:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Yes. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

You could even have the TT sound in the other room and a streamed source playing in the room with the TT. 

Thanks so much!

Follow up to this. Can I have the two fives in the one room with my turntable and then have a couple of Sonos ‘in ceiling’ speakers in another room? I know the in ceiling speakers need to be connected to the sonos amp but is that all I would need? 

Thanks!

Yes. The nature of the Sonos system is all ‘zones’/‘rooms’ can be grouped together. 

SONOS supports up to 32 units. Your stereo pair of FIVE’s is a single Room, but counts as two units. 

Any source can play in any combination of Rooms. Even though your turntable is physically plugged into a FIVE, logically the turntable is simply a source on the network. You could play the turntable in another combination of rooms while playing a streaming service on the FIVE where the turntable connects.

Thank you for the responses. Much appreciated!

john

Badge

Can I even have the 2 fives within side the one room with my turntable after which have multiple Sonos ‘in ceiling’ audio system in any other room?

Can I even have the 2 fives within side the one room with my turntable after which have multiple Sonos ‘in ceiling’ audio system in any other room?

All combinations of Sonos devices can be grouped together, up to the limit of 32 total Sonos units.  In addition you can do the following:

Pair two like models to play in stereo.

Bond two like model as surrounds to an Arc/Beam

Bond a Sub to any single speaker, paired speakers, or 1 or 2 Subs to Arc/Beam.