Answered

Sonos return policy: 45 days or 100 days ?

• 7 October 2019
  • 4 replies

Does anyone know for certain if the Sonos return policy is 45 days or 100 days? I have seen documentation for both.

Sonos page stating that the policy is 45 days: https://www.sonos.com/en-us/legal/terms?#return-policy

Sonos page stating that the policy is 100 days: https://www.sonos.com/en/legal/terms#return-policy
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 7 October 2019, 04:43

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Huh. That's interesting. I'd guess one of those two pages is invalid, but I don't know which one.

Hopefully one of the Community Moderators will be able to tell us tomorrow which one is correct.
Looking at the two URLs that you posted, it looks like one is for the US, one is for outside the US, but english speaking regions, which I'd assume means the UK, Australia, and perhaps Canada. I do know the UK has differing requirements for companies on return periods, although I do have to wonder if that will change with Brexit.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
It is normal for warranties and return periods in the USA to be substantially smaller than in other countries, due to the lack of consumer protection laws compared especially to Europe. This also partially explains why prices are less in the USA (and also the fact that prices do not include tax, which is a legal requirement in many other countries).
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Bruce and controlav are both correct here. The standard Sonos return policy for USA purchases is 45 days. In some countries around the world it's different. At the bottom of each page you'll see a location flag, that second page is valid for mostly EU based purchases, and a few other countries around the world that we ship to, but terms are based on where you purchase the product from, and may only be valid in the location it was that you bought it.