Answered

Sonos Products and Setup for new apartment

• 21 January 2022
  • 2 replies

I’m designing a new apartment and figuring out the best Sonos setup. I do have a bunch of products but want to do it right.

Whats ideal setup for each room?

To use wireless only? Or a mixture of wired and wireless?

Thanks 

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 21 January 2022, 17:27

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

The ideal setup depends on your preferences and what you intend to do with each space.  I would recommend using your beam in the bedroom...but not if you have no intention of using a TV there. In the living space, where do you plan on placing a TV? Are you interested in surround sound or atmos audio?  Will you be using the 2nd bedroom as study, have a roommate, or just a guest bedroom?

I would say in general though, wireless is the way to go with this space.  Maybe go with wired ceiling speakers in the bathroom, but a single or pair of Sonos Ones or Roams will be just as good if you have the space, as well as be cheaper.

Also, use pairs of speakers whenever possible, not using a TV, and adding a sub is always going to be an improvement.

Thanks for the reply

i will have a TV opposite the bed in bedroom and opposite the sofa in living room. I mostly listen to music but would like surround sound for the tv.

Second bedroom will be used as a study and guest bedroom.

I currently have 

2x play 1

1x play 5

1 x beam

how would you incorporate those and what would you add?

thanks a lot