Answered

Sonos Arc, Sonos Sub, and how many Sonance in ceiling speakers with 1 Sonos Amp?

• 27 October 2021
  • 1 reply

I am currently building and have a ok-sized family room/kitchen space. The living room space is approximately 22’ wide x 18’ deep. If I add the kitchen it is 22’ wide x 36’ deep. I am trying to plan for the space. I imagine pairing my ARC and Sonos Sub with a Sonos AMP that connects to in ceiling Sonance speakers. My question is do I add 2 pairs (QTY 4) Sonance in ceiling speakers or 1 pair (QTY 2) for my living room space? I considered doing 3 pairs (QTY 6) total Sonance in ceiling speakers with the one AMP in the entire kitchen/family room space, but figured I would like to treat more as two zones (one family room 2 pairs, and one kitchen 1 pair), but I know multiple zones on one amp is not possible. 

Which of the following would make more sense:

1. For the family room (22’ wide x 18’ deep); Sonos ARC, Sonos Sub, Sonos AMP, Sonance In-ceiling 1 pair (QTY 2) --- For the kitchen; Sonos AMP, Sonance In-ceiling 1 pair (QTY 2)

or

1. For the family room (22’ wide x 18’ deep); Sonos ARC, Sonos Sub, Sonos AMP, Sonance In-ceiling 2 pair (QTY 4) --- For the kitchen; Sonos AMP, Sonance In-ceiling 1 pair (QTY 2)

If there is a better option, I am open to suggestions.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 27 October 2021, 08:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

You can only add two rear surround channels to a Sonos home theater setup: left rear surround and right rear surround. So if you had two pairs of speakers wired to the Amp as surrounds, you would have two sets of left rear and right rear surround speakers which would be redundant.

Go with option 1.