Answered

Sonos AMP or Connect:Amp

• 13 December 2018
  • 3 replies

Presently, I have four outdoor speakers (MARINER 54 😎 wired in parallel. Per the speaker specifications, they are rated at 60 watts maximum. Currently, I have a Sonos Connect:Amp hooked up to them; however, I was curious if I could go up to new AMP to push my volume or would that be blown speakers waiting to happen? From what I have read the parallel configuration might effectively push more wattage due to lowered impedance of speakers in parallel? Just looking for the right answer prior to pulling the trigger on the new Amp.
icon

Best answer by Chris 13 December 2018, 19:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
By wiring in Parallel each speaker is only getting half the wattage so your still below 60watrs to the speaker but much more wattage then with connect:amp. Your good.
I need help pls question?
I just purchased a pair of Definitive Technology AW5500 out door speakers they are rated at 175 max would the connect amp be enough to run 2 and what do i do just wire the back power the and wifi and thats it?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
See your other topic for power, you'll need power, WiFi or Ethernet and the controller software running on a compatible device.