Answered

Sonos Amp: Listening to Turntable with Headphones

• 4 April 2019
  • 2 replies

Hello, I am considering replacing my old classic amplifier+CD+bluetoothReceiver with a Sonos Amp. Since it will be connected to my turntable, it shoul be great. However, apparently I won't be able to listen to my LPs using my headphones, am I right?
icon

Best answer by jgatie 4 April 2019, 16:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

There is no headphone jack on the Sonos Amp. You could always wire in one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/Sabaj-Audio-Portable-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B01EUFQAQS/ref=sr_1_14?crid=2N5KDMZIH9YLH&keywords=headphone+amplifier&qid=1554388732&s=electronics&sprefix=headphone++%2Celectronics%2C164&sr=1-14
If you use this arrangement, make sure that you will not be listening to the headphones in the same room that SONOS driven speakers are operating -- unless the headphones completely isolate the user. Sound from the speakers will be delayed slightly from the headphones connected to the above box. Leakage of the room sound through the headphones will be perceived as an unwanted echo.