Should I get Sub or 2x Play: 1 to add to Beam?

• 14 December 2018
  • 5 replies

Badge
$599 sub vs $269 2x Play:1s - good deal for either. Which one will have more impact to augment the Beam for party music/video?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hey there, DenV. Personally, I think it depends on what you are looking for. Are you looking for a wider range of sound or a wider soundstage?

Adding the Sub allows for more support in the lower frequencies, making bass and movie explosions deeper and more powerful. While adding the two Play:1's will make for a wider and immersive sound.
Badge
Which addition will fill the room better? I have the beam on a 20x14 family room which is open on one side to the kitchen.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Party sound - go with the 2 Play:1s. Be sure to set surrounds to FULL mode so that when listening to music they play as full stereo pair.
Badge
Thanks for the feedbacks, i guess I'm going with Play:1s. I just saw that the sub is no longer discounted.
Userlevel 7
$599 sub vs $269 2x Play:1s - good deal for either. Which one will have more impact to augment the Beam for party music/video?

Since you've already made your decision this is going to be a moot point. However, I would have chosen the Sub as it would make music sound better by capturing the low end (Play 1's don't add low end). TV/movies would sound better as well for LFE. JMO.

Cheers!